A lot of people use a garage as a storage unit and often, it is crowded and unorganized. It is a big advantage to have a garage, but it is better to clean and declutter it. If your budget is not that big, don’t worry – you can organize your garage at a low cost.
A garage is a great place to put your tools, off-season items, to properly store electronics, kids’ toys, etc. It is not a place only for vehicles. Invest time and with DIY projects, you will be able to have an organized garage without losing too much money.
Organize your garage and save money
How to make your garage more organized and where to start? It is possible to accomplish this task even if your budget is not big. Most people have vehicles, kids, toys, bikes, tools, non-perishable food, boxes with random items, in a garage. So, keep it organized with those tips:
- Declutter and get rid of all items you don’t need and use. Make more space for other things, such as bikes, they should not be outside. Your bike can finally have its spot and be safe and locked.
- Ask friends or family to help you out instead of paying professionals cleaners and organizers. After that, order a pizza and have fun together.
- Add more shelves, they are not expensive and they will keep items away from the ground. If you already have shelves, clean them and make sure they are strong enough.
- Get free moving boxes (in supermarkets, bars, restaurants, ask friends, etc.) and put everything neatly into place by their category.
- Label everything, all boxes, bins, and bags. This way you will organize your garage and easily spot what you put in each box without opening it.
- You should create a cleaning habit because, in a garage, garbage and unnecessary items can easily take the entire space. Do it a couple of times each year. This won’t take your money, only time and energy.
Renting a storage unit
What is the best way to keep your garage clean and open? Of course, to put items somewhere else. Renting a storage unit is an option and it does not have to be expensive. American Classic Storage is a great option for how to keep your house clean.
Find affordable storages in your area and explore all the options. The rent price will depend on the size of a storage unit and location too. You can save money when renting storage and stay within your budget.
Yes, you will be able to organize your garage and at the same time, save money. Many people are renting a storage facility when moving, cleaning a house, they are renting it for business needs, etc. There are many advantages and reasons why rent self-storage.